Skip to main content

Happy Independence Day! Surviving the holday weekend as a vegan

I hope everyone had a safe and fun Independence Day weekend. This past weekend my husband was able to get off work so we went to visit family in Wisconsin. We went to a cookout on Saturday, Sunday, AND Monday!

Friday we left home and arrived in Wisconsin a little after midnight Saturday morning. On the car ride I brought some fruit and cliff bars to snack on. In the morning there was eggs, ham, and bacon to eat BUT there was also blueberries available so I just had those. I went and visited my parents and had some spaghetti for lunch there. For dinner there was a cookout at my Father-in-law's house so I brought some veggie burgers and had some sides of corn and watermelon.

Sunday morning we went boating on the lake. For snacks that morning I brought a cup of fruit and an organic cliff bar that I got at the gas station. That late afternoon we had a cookout at my parents house. I brought some spicy veggie burgers, coconut ice cream, and some chips and salsa. My mom made me a pasta salad as well so I had plenty to eat. That night we went and saw the fireworks. There, I just had some candy that my sister-in-law brought.

Monday morning Jake surprised me with breakfast in bed! He brought me 5 different kinds of cut fruits, a cliff bar, and some water. It was delicious. Later I stopped by and visited my parents and said my goodbyes. Then, I went to my Mother-In-law's house for the Independence Day parade. There was a cookout in front of her house and I brought some veggie burgers and some chips and salsa. She also made some popcorn and instead of butter she used coconut oil, some liquid sweetleaf stevia, and some salt. It was delicious and she gave the rest of it to me and Jake to bring back home. After the parade we left to go back home. I just packed all of our left overs so we had a bunch of fruit and snacks on the way home.

I had a great weekend. Yes, I didn't eat healthy all weekend but I ate cruelty free and I figured I was allowed to have a few veggie burgers here and there for the holidays.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Fitness Challenge

Here is this month's Fitness Challenge! I don't have a shopping list (again) because after some thought I decided it was best to post this challenge without one. You should eat what feels right. Don't deny your body anything just focus on providing fuel for your body especially during this challenge. Monday 16 January- Leg Day Straight Leg Squats 10 reps Left Lunges 10 reps Right Lunges 10 reps Wide Leg Squats 10 reps Shifting Side Lunges 10 reps Repeat three times Tuesday 17 January- Cardio 1 mile walk .5 mile run Wednesday 18 January - Ab Day Sit Ups 10 reps Russian Twists 20 reps Alternate Heel Touches 20 reps Plank 20 seconds Repeat three times Thursday 19 January - Arm Day Bicep Curls 10 reps Lateral Front Raise Circuit 10 reps both/ 10 reps front/ 10 reps lateral Bent Over Row 10 reps Push Ups 10 reps Repeat three times Friday 20 January- Fitness Class Aqua Cardio (or preferred fitness grou...

Warrior Challenge Obstacle Course and Mud Run

Today my husband and I completed the Warrior Challenge Obstacle Course and Mud Run! We got there at 07:30 bright and early. Before we went I ate a little bit of fruit and packed some things we might need (lots of towels, baby wipes, eye drops, snacks for afterwards, water, and electrolytes). I really enjoyed myself and it was empowering to accomplish it! Jake and I did it together all the way through. I'm so thankful that I have such an amazing husband that is so patient with me and helped me all the way through the event. The event was just short of 6 miles. It had over ten obstacles and included mud pits and a run through the woods that was very muddy! At the end we got some free water, Gatorade, fruit, snacks, and beer! I was very surprised but my Fitbit Surge held up pretty well! The only thing is when we got sprayed with water at the end, the force of the water must have hit one of the buttons and it turned off my Fitbit. That was as we were crossing the finis...

Running, Coffee, and Trying New Recipes

Well I started this recap post a while ago but never actually finished it. So while I'm sitting here sipping on some water I'm finishing up this post from the week of 9 January 2017. Monday, Jake and I went running. We haven't been running in what seems like forever so it was a bit tough. Part way through we wanted to quit but we stuck with it. The trail that we went on was beautiful. That night I made some homemade minestrone soup. Super healthy and nutritious! Somehow the recipe made double the amount it said it was going to so I had soup for the rest of the week. Tuesday I spent most of my time trying to catch up on schoolwork. I went over the reproduction systems in detail. It's not too exciting... but it'll be worth it in the end. I kept getting distracted and found myself looking stuff up on line. Somehow I wound up on Bisbee's website and made a date for Jake and I.  Wednesday I was so tired in ...