Skip to main content

My Journey/ About Me/ Visits from friends

Hi! This is my very first post on this Blog. I've tried doing other blogs but I wanted to start a new one mostly because I feel as though I'm starting a new chapter in my life.

I've always known that I wanted to help people and I have always been interested in reading about health and anything fitness related. I was also a competitive figure skater for over ten years and I coached for 5 years. However, my husband's job requires us to move often and not everywhere we move has an ice rink. So I got to thinking, how can I help people become healthy and boost their confidence? After much researching (over a years worth) I decided that I want to become a personal trainer. I enrolled in the Personal Training program at American Council on Exercise and have begun my journey to becoming healthier and helping others do the same.

With that said I will tell you a little about me. I am 24 years old and just moved to the South. I am originally from Wisconsin ( GO PACK GO) but just moved here from Arizona and before that Hawaii. I have a fur baby named Ninja who we adopted and rescued last year. I work as an Independent Consultant with Thirty One Gifts and help people shop, organize their lives, make their lives a little easier, and work from home.


This past weekend one of my best friends and her sister came to visit. We hung out on the deck, ate pizza, went to the pool, and even had a few drinks together! I loved visiting with them and can't wait until we can get together again. Usually I only get to see family and friends once a year but since I moved to the mainland I have been able to visit/get visits more often. When we went to the pool I was so excited to use my new Deluxe Utility Tote. It held everything we needed and I even used the outside pockets to hold our phones and our sunblock.

Well that's all for now. I'm hoping to be able to write in here at least once a week with my progress, what's going on in my life, and any ideas that I come up with.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Fitness Challenge

Here is this month's Fitness Challenge! I don't have a shopping list (again) because after some thought I decided it was best to post this challenge without one. You should eat what feels right. Don't deny your body anything just focus on providing fuel for your body especially during this challenge. Monday 16 January- Leg Day Straight Leg Squats 10 reps Left Lunges 10 reps Right Lunges 10 reps Wide Leg Squats 10 reps Shifting Side Lunges 10 reps Repeat three times Tuesday 17 January- Cardio 1 mile walk .5 mile run Wednesday 18 January - Ab Day Sit Ups 10 reps Russian Twists 20 reps Alternate Heel Touches 20 reps Plank 20 seconds Repeat three times Thursday 19 January - Arm Day Bicep Curls 10 reps Lateral Front Raise Circuit 10 reps both/ 10 reps front/ 10 reps lateral Bent Over Row 10 reps Push Ups 10 reps Repeat three times Friday 20 January- Fitness Class Aqua Cardio (or preferred fitness grou...

Warrior Challenge Obstacle Course and Mud Run

Today my husband and I completed the Warrior Challenge Obstacle Course and Mud Run! We got there at 07:30 bright and early. Before we went I ate a little bit of fruit and packed some things we might need (lots of towels, baby wipes, eye drops, snacks for afterwards, water, and electrolytes). I really enjoyed myself and it was empowering to accomplish it! Jake and I did it together all the way through. I'm so thankful that I have such an amazing husband that is so patient with me and helped me all the way through the event. The event was just short of 6 miles. It had over ten obstacles and included mud pits and a run through the woods that was very muddy! At the end we got some free water, Gatorade, fruit, snacks, and beer! I was very surprised but my Fitbit Surge held up pretty well! The only thing is when we got sprayed with water at the end, the force of the water must have hit one of the buttons and it turned off my Fitbit. That was as we were crossing the finis...

Running, Coffee, and Trying New Recipes

Well I started this recap post a while ago but never actually finished it. So while I'm sitting here sipping on some water I'm finishing up this post from the week of 9 January 2017. Monday, Jake and I went running. We haven't been running in what seems like forever so it was a bit tough. Part way through we wanted to quit but we stuck with it. The trail that we went on was beautiful. That night I made some homemade minestrone soup. Super healthy and nutritious! Somehow the recipe made double the amount it said it was going to so I had soup for the rest of the week. Tuesday I spent most of my time trying to catch up on schoolwork. I went over the reproduction systems in detail. It's not too exciting... but it'll be worth it in the end. I kept getting distracted and found myself looking stuff up on line. Somehow I wound up on Bisbee's website and made a date for Jake and I.  Wednesday I was so tired in ...