Skip to main content

My Weekend

So this weekend was somewhat eventful. It was storming all Friday night so we didn't do much. I basically studied all night. Yes, I realize how much of a nerd that makes me studying on a Friday night. 


On Saturday however, Jake and I hung out together and instead of cooking on the grill we ordered in. Oops! That's okay , I think we deserved it. I also received a call from GNC asking for an interview on Sunday. I turned in the application so long ago that I had almost forgotten about it. But I was very excited to receive the phone call.

On Sunday morning I went to the interview. I don't think it went as well as it could have. I didn't necessarily mess up, just that I think they were looking for someone else for the position. That's okay though. If I end up getting the job it will be to hold me over until I start work as a personal trainer. If I don't get it that's alright and I will look on the positive side: God has other plans for me and this was a great opportunity as a "practice" interview for the ones to come when I finish school.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Fitness Challenge

Here is this month's Fitness Challenge! I don't have a shopping list (again) because after some thought I decided it was best to post this challenge without one. You should eat what feels right. Don't deny your body anything just focus on providing fuel for your body especially during this challenge. Monday 16 January- Leg Day Straight Leg Squats 10 reps Left Lunges 10 reps Right Lunges 10 reps Wide Leg Squats 10 reps Shifting Side Lunges 10 reps Repeat three times Tuesday 17 January- Cardio 1 mile walk .5 mile run Wednesday 18 January - Ab Day Sit Ups 10 reps Russian Twists 20 reps Alternate Heel Touches 20 reps Plank 20 seconds Repeat three times Thursday 19 January - Arm Day Bicep Curls 10 reps Lateral Front Raise Circuit 10 reps both/ 10 reps front/ 10 reps lateral Bent Over Row 10 reps Push Ups 10 reps Repeat three times Friday 20 January- Fitness Class Aqua Cardio (or preferred fitness grou...

Warrior Challenge Obstacle Course and Mud Run

Today my husband and I completed the Warrior Challenge Obstacle Course and Mud Run! We got there at 07:30 bright and early. Before we went I ate a little bit of fruit and packed some things we might need (lots of towels, baby wipes, eye drops, snacks for afterwards, water, and electrolytes). I really enjoyed myself and it was empowering to accomplish it! Jake and I did it together all the way through. I'm so thankful that I have such an amazing husband that is so patient with me and helped me all the way through the event. The event was just short of 6 miles. It had over ten obstacles and included mud pits and a run through the woods that was very muddy! At the end we got some free water, Gatorade, fruit, snacks, and beer! I was very surprised but my Fitbit Surge held up pretty well! The only thing is when we got sprayed with water at the end, the force of the water must have hit one of the buttons and it turned off my Fitbit. That was as we were crossing the finis...

Running, Coffee, and Trying New Recipes

Well I started this recap post a while ago but never actually finished it. So while I'm sitting here sipping on some water I'm finishing up this post from the week of 9 January 2017. Monday, Jake and I went running. We haven't been running in what seems like forever so it was a bit tough. Part way through we wanted to quit but we stuck with it. The trail that we went on was beautiful. That night I made some homemade minestrone soup. Super healthy and nutritious! Somehow the recipe made double the amount it said it was going to so I had soup for the rest of the week. Tuesday I spent most of my time trying to catch up on schoolwork. I went over the reproduction systems in detail. It's not too exciting... but it'll be worth it in the end. I kept getting distracted and found myself looking stuff up on line. Somehow I wound up on Bisbee's website and made a date for Jake and I.  Wednesday I was so tired in ...